Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Remember that one time...

I just remembered something that is too funny to ever forget. It happened at Bennett's surprise birthday party, which I conveniently posted about just below.  What all the darling photos I posted DON'T show is the following story.

We had just finished serving the cake & ice cream, and I had asked Bennett to sit on the ground by the bouncer that you can see in this picture.


I thought it was a pretty good out-of-the-way type spot to sit.  And it was close enough to me (serving cake & ice cream at the table) that I could keep and eye on him/hear him if he needed anything. 

Well, I just finished serving everything & took a step back. 

Right into Bennett's freshly served birthday cake & ice cream.  

We're talking middle of the plate, my friends.  Not a piece of food was spared from mom's stomp-print. You would have thought the world was ending.  Many of you know that Bennett is a bit sensitive. Well having his birthday cake and ice cream squashed right in front of him by his own mother as he obediently sat where I asked him to eat just about ripped his heart and soul in two (ok, I'll admit, I might have cried too if my mother did the same). 

Luckily (luckily) there was 1 piece of chocolate train cake left, and some more ice cream. Phew. I wouldn't go so far as to say crisis averted, but it did make the tears stop.....eventually....

Mother of the Year, folks. MotY.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor little guy! Thank goodness there was another piece left!

mildred said...

I laughed REALLY hard when I read this so you can tell what sort of mom I am.

RobinfromCA said...

Yeah, I know I'm reading this 6 weeks late but being a Brooksby keeps us busy these days! So happy Bennett had a great birthday. LOVE the invites you did for Joe's 2nd! Really wish we could see you guys!

Robin